Yesterday was a really fun day for the kids. There are lots of cousins here and new friends they have made, both human and canine, and good old Tillie the buffalo! There was another hayride that only David (from our group) had the courage to go on, but they had a great time and didn't get stuck anywhere. His highlight of the ride was the dead deer with no eyes they came across!! They spent most of the day riding the quad, they could all take turns driving and riding in the fields and at 6 am this morning were up and dressed wanting to know how long till they could get on the quad! Cami finally learned how to do the rope swing with no help, and made friends with her 2nd cousin Kylie who is 5. Both girls dressed in pink, long blonde pigtails, and they are inseperable. The boys have been playing freeze tag for hours on end with their cousin Robert, riding the quad, climbing haystacks in the barn, and even put together a football game in one of the fields! They have been playing outside, running, etc. from dawn to total darkness everyday and having the best time ever. Last night was a closing campfire where lots of family stories and reminiscing about those who have passed away took place. Cami saw a baby deer during the campfire, then soon after fell asleep. Poppa carried her back to the motorhome and I was getting her pj's on her, when she woke up. I told her that today we were going to WA to her new house and she started to cry. I thought maybe she was missing her mom, or wanting to go to her old house in Las Vegas, or something, but when I asked her why she was crying she said, "I don't want to ever leave here, I want to stay here with my cousins and the animals on the farm forever!!!" All in all I think we can call this road trip the most "awesome ever"! We are leaving about noonish today to head to WA.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Last day on the farm
Yesterday was a really fun day for the kids. There are lots of cousins here and new friends they have made, both human and canine, and good old Tillie the buffalo! There was another hayride that only David (from our group) had the courage to go on, but they had a great time and didn't get stuck anywhere. His highlight of the ride was the dead deer with no eyes they came across!! They spent most of the day riding the quad, they could all take turns driving and riding in the fields and at 6 am this morning were up and dressed wanting to know how long till they could get on the quad! Cami finally learned how to do the rope swing with no help, and made friends with her 2nd cousin Kylie who is 5. Both girls dressed in pink, long blonde pigtails, and they are inseperable. The boys have been playing freeze tag for hours on end with their cousin Robert, riding the quad, climbing haystacks in the barn, and even put together a football game in one of the fields! They have been playing outside, running, etc. from dawn to total darkness everyday and having the best time ever. Last night was a closing campfire where lots of family stories and reminiscing about those who have passed away took place. Cami saw a baby deer during the campfire, then soon after fell asleep. Poppa carried her back to the motorhome and I was getting her pj's on her, when she woke up. I told her that today we were going to WA to her new house and she started to cry. I thought maybe she was missing her mom, or wanting to go to her old house in Las Vegas, or something, but when I asked her why she was crying she said, "I don't want to ever leave here, I want to stay here with my cousins and the animals on the farm forever!!!" All in all I think we can call this road trip the most "awesome ever"! We are leaving about noonish today to head to WA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I guess Erin and Chris had better get a buffalo, deer and a tractor for Cami this Christmas. What a great time the kids had on this trip.
Post a Comment